Oooooh pizza! One of the most favorited meals of all time. Everyone loves it and finding a tasty gluten free pizza is like winning the lottery. In my never-ending quest to eat healthier, I decided to try out the cauliflower pizza crust that I've seen so many others blog and pin about.
There are so many different recipes for cauliflower pizza crust, but I used my GFF's mom's recipe. It couldn't be easier or tastier. Top it with some cheese and veggies and you've got yourself a healthy version of the beloved pizza pie.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- Nonstick spray (I used an olive oil mister)
- 2½ cups cauliflower, grated (about ½ a large head)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1¼ cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsps Pesto Blend or a blend of Italian Seasoning and Garlic Powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced (I used minced garlic)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or less, this is a bit spicy)
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (or in a pinch, foil sprayed with olive oil. although parchment paper is best) and preheat oven to 425º F.
- Grate the cauliflower using a box grater until you have two and a half cups of cauliflower crumbles (or use food processor). Place in a large bowl and microwave for 7 to 8 minutes, or until soft. Remove from the microwave and let cool.
- Mix in the egg, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, pesto blend, and salt and pepper. Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round on the prepared pizza pan. Spray lightly with nonstick spray (or lightly with olive oil) and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Top the pizza with the sauce, ¼ cup mozzarella, grape tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly, another 10 minutes. Top with basil before serving. Enjoy!