Last week the city welcomed back the South Side Irish Parade after a two year hiatus. Since it's only a few blocks away from my home, I walked up there and checked it out with family. Definitely different, but still fun since we took my nephew, niece, and new baby cousin.
This year the best part of the holiday is the weather. Usually March in Chicago is still cold and dreary. Not quite so this time around. This past week's temperatures have been breaking all kinds of records, and today is no exception. A comfortable 81 degrees, I'm sitting in my backyard in a t-shirt and shorts being one with nature...and my blog.
I can't tell you how exciting it was this week to "spring forward" and enjoy more sunlight, hear the birds chirping, and see the tulip bulbs start to sprout their green leaves. Looking around my yard, the trees are starting to bloom and the perennials are waking up. It's definitely one of my favorite times of year. I just hope it stays this way.
I wish I had a delicious recipe to share with you today, either an Irish Soda Bread or a Grasshopper Cupcakes, but to tell you the truth, I haven't been doing anything thrilling in the kitchen lately. It's been a lot of same old, same old and nothing blog worthy. I promise to get better at that. Tomorrow for sure. With a giveaway for good measure.
In the meantime, get your St. Patrick's Day recipe fixes from some of my favorite fellow gluten free bloggers:
- Gluten Free Easily - A healthy version of a Shamrock Shake
- Gluten Free on a Shoestring - For your cupcake fix: Shamrock Shake Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Goddess - A beautiful Irish Soda Bread
- A Year of Slow Cooking - Traditional Corn Beef and Vegetables
- Jules Gluten Free - Gluten Free Beer Battered Fish and Chips
- Gluten Free Delightfully Delicious - Bangers and Mash
- Elana's Pantry - Paleo Shepard's Pie
- Eating Well Magazine - Irish Lamb Stew (just make sure your chicken broth is GF!)
♣ Sláinte! ♣