When Mi-Del approached me to review their gluten free cookies and host a giveaway, I was more than happy to share my thoughts with my readers. They sent me coupons for free products, so I got to chose what to share. As much as I was tempted to grab a bag of my old standbys, I recently saw a recipe in the June 2011 issue of Martha Stewart Living for a Strawberry Lemonade Icebox Pie that I thought I would incite you all with. I mean, seriously, doesn't this look phenom?
|Martha Stewart's Strawberry Lemonade Icebox Pie|
Well, mine didn't turn out quite as pretty. It was all kinds of delicious, but my family and I failed to wait the "chill overnight" step and ate it while it was still warm. In that it was more like a bowl of lemon pudding with pecan cookie chunks and fresh strawberries than a pie. My attempts to showcase Mi-Del's Gluten Free Pecan Flavored Cookies didn't go over so well.
I realized that yes, ground up with cinnamon and butter, Mi-Del gluten free cookies make wonderful pie crusts. But they are just as good by themselves in their original form. My current favorites are the Gluten Free Lunchbox S'mores! Available in a cute "lunchbox" style box with five little 90-calorie bags, they are the perfect size for on the go (I ate one in the doctor's waiting room yesterday...just sayin'). And the taste? Chocolate? Check. Marshmallow? Check. Crunch graham? Check! If you love S'mores, but hate the mess, these cookies were made for you!
You must try them! And 3 of you will win a Prize Pack filled with 3 Mi-Del Free Product coupons! To enter do one or all of the below:
- Visit Mi-Del Cookies and in the comment form below, tell me which product you'd like to try.
- "Like" Mi-Del Cookies on Facebook and leave a separate comment letting me know
- Leave Mi-Del Cookies a Facebook wall post telling them Gluten Free Betsy sent you. Come back here and leave a comment telling me you graffiti-ed their wall. :-D
- "Like" Gluten Free Betsy on Facebook and leave a separate comment letting me know, as if I couldn't already feel your love behind my glowing monitor.
- Follow Mi-Del on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway, leave a separate comment below letting me know. Tweet-tweet!
- Tell me your funny story of a botched recipe. This is worth two points if if happens to be a Martha Steward recipe.