recipe adapted from Baking Bites
6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt.- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- With the mixer on low speed, add in the milk and extracts.- Gradually add in the flour mixture until fully incorporated.
- Shape dough into 2 logs, about 1 ½ inches in diameter and wrap in plastic or wax paper and freeze for at least 1-2 hours, until dough in very firm.Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice dough into round not more that ¼ inch thick - if they are too thick, they will not be as crisp (mine were kinda on the thicker side, so pay close attention to this part!)
- Place on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet. Cookies will not spread much, so you can put them closer together.- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until cookies are film at the edges.
- Cool cookies completely on a wire rack before dipping in chocolate.Dark Chocolate Coating
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter.
- Melt on high in the microwave, stirring every 45-60 seconds, until chocolate is smooth.- Chocolate should have a consistency somewhere between chocolate syrup and fudge for a thin coating.
- Dip each cookie in melted chocolate, turn with a fork to coat, then transfer to a piece of wax paper to set for at least 30 minutes, or until chocolate is cool and firm.- Reheat chocolate as needed to keep it smooth and easy to dip into.