I discovered this recipe when I joined Weight Watchers last year. A clever girl by the name of Aimee over at Aimee's Adventures created it and everyone in the 20-somethings forum of the Weight Watcher's message boards raved about it.
I've changed things up a bit, substituting the whole wheat pasta for brown rice and tweaked some things here and there. I've only served it to non-gluten intolerant people and they LOVED it. Babs just tried it when I made this batch and couldn't stop saying how good it was - and she doesn't do spicy! Here is my version of Aimee's recipe that has also received rave reviews:
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
- 1 box of Tinkyada Brown Rice Lasagna Noodles, uncooked
- 1 lb. Skinless Chicken Breast, cubed (I sometimes use a little more)
- 3 cups Hunt's Four Cheese Spaghetti Sauce (that big can is 3 cups)
- 1 cup of Buffalo Wing or Hot Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 15 oz. Fat Free Ricotta Cheese
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix
- 1/2 cup of Egg Substitute
- 1 package of Blue Cheese crumbles
- 1 package of Sliced or Shredded Pepperjack Cheese
- Sour cream for topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large pot with cooking spray. Cook chicken over medium to high heat until almost done. Stir in sauces and water.
Naturally I was so excited to eat when it was done,
I forgot to take a picture! This was my leftovers the next day
when the cheese wasn't as ooey and gooey, but still delicious!